CT SIEMENS SOMATOM
Number of slices: 64
Model number: SOMATOM Smiens 64 Slice
Scan time: 100 Scans/second
Permissible unit weight limit: <100kg
Suitable for people with claustrophobia
Fast examination with high definition
imaging and lower radiation dose
Special diffusion sequences and
3D illustration of vases
At Elvetiko Diagnostic Center we have an upgraded CT SCAN SIEMENS SOMATON 64 SLICE.
CT Scan functioning with ionizing radiation (X -rays) and with the help of the scanner depicts body organs in transverse sections (Axial) which it captures in digital form. First, the information is depicted by the detector, then 3D processed at a coronary and sagittal coronal, to detect abnormalities in places that were not apparent in simple radiography.
Examination in the computed tomography is rapid, immediate, and important for the diagnosis of cerebral hemorrhage, pulmonary embolism, aneurysm, and diagnosis of fractures. It is important during the examination that the patient remains motionless, and depending on the area of the examination he may have to keep his breathing for a while to achieve better quality images.
The computed tomography enables us with detailed body visuals, and in some cases, it gives us very thin sections of 0.6 mm. There are two types of simple tests, those which do not require the administration of contrast substance (iodine contrast) and those that require. The contrast substance can cause allergic reactions so you should let us know if you have any allergies. People who have trouble with kidney function after consulting with the doctor are given proper preparation to prevent the patient from being discomfort. As for the rest of the patients, they should always have recent blood analyzes (urea, creatinine) before each axial with sketchy.
What you need to know before examining using a contrast agent
- Allergy to drugs (contrast, iodine)
- If the patient has diabetes mellitus (metformin) it should be stopped 2 days before the examination and one after
- Blood tests for urea and creatinine within normal limits
- Fasting 5 hours before the examination
- After the administration of the contrast agent, the patient is forbidden to consume egg, chocolate fish.
- Allergy to medicines (contrast, iodine).
- If the patient gets treatment for diabetes mellitus (metformin), it should be stopped 2 days before the examination and the day after.
- Urea and creatinine blood analysis should be at normal levels.
- The patient should be fasting 5 hours before examination
- After administration of the contrastion, it is forbidden for the patient to consume egg, fish, or chocolate.
In specific tests in addition to the preparation done for the contrast, there is also the possibility of using gastrographin mainly used for the upper and lower abdominal computed tomography. The patient should come to the center the day before the examination and get a bottle of water that will be the medicine. The patient must have gone to the toilet before being administered because then it is not allowed to go again until the test is completed. Two hours before the examination should start drinking the drug, by drinking a small glass of it every 15min.
- CT scan
- Thoracic computed tomography
- Cervical CT scan
- Computed tomography of the Abdomen - Pelvis
- Musculoskeletal CT scan
(arm, knees, ankles, pelvis, shoulders, forearm, key, arm)
- Computed tomography of the Eye
- Computed tomography of the Sinuses
- Computed Tomography of Lithoid Bones
- Spine CT
(cervical, thoracic, lumbar)
- Computed tomography Angiography
(thoracic and abdominal aorta, iliac and femoral arteries, carotid and hexagonal Willis brain)
- Axial Pyelography
CT Examinations performed
Gastrographin is prohibited from entering
the refrigerator or being exposed to the sun.
No special preparation is needed for examination
without the use of a contrast.
In our center we have special kidney
protection medicines for patients
who have a serious kidney problem.
In consultation with the doctor and the use
of proper treatment the patient can do.